The District Commissioner
The District Commissioner will be reporting to the Provincial Permanent Secretary and will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating Government and Local Authority Programmes in order to ensure their effective implementation and enhance the development process in the District.
- Interpreting Government policies and Programmmes in order to ensure correct understanding and create Public awareness.
- Management of the registration of all Villages, Associations, Clubs and Voters in the District in order to ensure compliance to legal provisions.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of District Development Programmmes and Activities in order to recommend and put in place appropriate intervention measures.
- Overseeing the operations of the DDCC in order to ensure focused and planned development and implementation of Programmes.
- Supervising and undertaking assigned functions of unrepresented departments at the District level in Order to ensure consistency in implementation of their Programmes.
- Managing the utilization of financial, Material and other resources in order to facilitate attainment of District Development goals and objectives.
- Managing the implementation of Protocol arrangements for visiting VIPs in order to accord the due respect ad uphold the dignity of their positions.
- Managing Government activities relating to Chiefs Affairs in order to facilitate the participation of traditional rulers in the development process of the District.